For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again (2 Corinthians 5:14-15).
Wednesday, July 29, 2026
let's keep Water free
Hello -
One of the coolest ladies I met this last Sunday as I helped out in the relief efforts from Venezuela's devastating earthquake was a woman named Fluvia
She was living by herself in Catia La Mar when the earthquake struck, and even though she got out of her house unscathed - she's been homeless ever since. I met her at a tent church service, and after the meeting was over I asked her if a couple friends and I could go see where she's staying.
After taking her out for lunch,
she took us to a university close by that serves as her temporary home, along with a few other thousand displaced people
In general, I like to remember my Savior through the breaking of bread every Sunday - but the tent church service we were at didn't have comunion that morning, and both of the Sundays before that I was denied taking part in the Lord's Supper because of some weird gatekeeping practice I witnessed at a few assemblies
There were some more believers that were living there in the shelter along with Fluvia, and so after praising the Lord together and sharing some testimonies and a short message - we took part in the Lord's Supper, as the family in Christ that we are
When our impromptu meeting ended - Fluvia gave us some cold water which wasn't quite as refreshing as taking part in the Lord's Supper - but it was still very nice and refreshing nonetheless
Water is so vital, and it was wonderful to see how the United States made a big effort to make sure our dear Venezuelan friends who have suffered so much could at least have clean running water to use and drink
In a spiritual sense, it is extremely important that we always make sure that Jesus - the ultimate living water - is always offered for free
-Sam and Alejandra Killins
Missionary Profile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment