Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Diamond Handed Commendation

Hello!

Just recently my sending church in Eureka Springs AR, sent me a new letter of commendation including the one and only Alejandra Killins! …Having this spiritual backing means a lot to Alejandra and I, and we’re super pumped up to keep serving our Lord together, as we plant churches among Colombians and Venezuelans.

me with some friends from my diamond-handed commending church in Arkansas 

The first time Lone Star Bible Church commended me as a missionary was in 2009, and it’s awesome that this assembly has kept their diamond hands all these years, in still believing that God can use me (and now us!), as Alejandra and I serve our risen Savior together, within our first year of marriage.

…Let me tell you that this year has been incredible so far, and even though I see that there’s so much that I still lack in being everything that God wants for me as a husband – I’m amazed that God was so perfect in giving me Alejandra so that we could share our lives together, and work alongside each other as missionaries for His glory. God has been very gracious to us, and we want to keep sharing His gospel wherever we go... We want our marriage to reflect Christ’s love for His church, and we want to keep planting and building up Christ-centered churches that reflect His love towards the world around us.

Alejandra and I on a road trip in Colombia

…We’re always going to remember our “pandemic honeymoon church” that we got to be a part of starting and leading in the beautiful city of Duitama these past 6 months, and, as we get ready to move back to the border city of Cucuta, we’re a bit sad to leave this miracle church behind... I say “miracle church”, because it seems like a miracle that God was able to establish it so quickly (in the middle of a pandemic), and that so many young people have come to know Jesus and have started to follow after Him... Every time that Alejandra and I think about it, we’re blown away at how hungry our brand-new Christian friends are in wanting to learn from the Word, and it’s a pure joy to host them practically every day in the former restaurant that we turned into our new church building/apartment …Maybe the deficiency in other community type activities during lockdown is what made this church concept so attractive to our friends, just as we started hanging out... Having a real relationship with God through faith in Jesus is what life is all about, and sharing it with others isn’t that far behind.

friends from Duitama at Alejandra and her twin sister's birthday party

…Some people may think that Alejandra and I have paper hands in leaving this 6 month old church as we move closer to Venezuela, but, ultimately, moving back to Cucuta isn’t so much a matter of leaving Duitama behind, as it is a matter of moving closer to where we think God is calling us to... We basically hope to keep helping and pastoring our Venezuelan immigrant friends in the great city of Cucuta that have continued to meet together in the name of our Lord, even in our absence...   

preaching at the church in Duitama

 The transition of leaving this fledgling church in Duitama behind, and of being reactivated into the shaky Refuge Church in Cucuta is a delicate process, and Alejandra and I need your prayers to help us every step of the way.

This summer we hope to visit some of you in the US, and for sure, we’re always going to want to keep visiting and staying in touch with our friends from the church we’ve planted in Duitama.

Alejandra and I hope you are all doing well, and that God’s grace will sustain you always, even as it sustains us.

May God bless you and encourage you today as you seek to do everything for His glory.

Sincerely,

Sam and Alejandra Killins

Missionary Vision Video: https://youtu.be/hRJoS0sVFMI

Missionary Profile: https://www.cmml.us/node/817



No comments:

Post a Comment